Joos at Liverpool Airport
Case Study: Joos at Liverpool Airport
Joos has taken off at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, an airport which connects the North-West with the world and hosts over 7 million passengers a year.
When we first spoke to Liverpool Airport, they flagged the following issues:
- Security Issues – existing power chargers can hack or damage phones
- Crowding – people crowding around charging points are at risk of spreading COVID
- Immobile passengers – instead of enjoying duty-free shopping, passengers were stuck near power points, worsening COVID-19 transmission and posing serious hazards
Having spoken to our team, Liverpool Airport agreed that Joos was the solution they were looking for. They said the main reasons for installing Joos were:
- Being Apple MFi approved, Joos users don’t risk ‘juice jacking’, fraud, overheating and permanent phone damage
- Customers remain safe thanks to Joos’ medical grade antimicrobial plastics and chargers which quarantine themselves between use
- Joos’ portable power banks charge on the move, freeing customers to shop at duty-free!
Joos is located at every level of the airport: opposite Check-In desks, by the Departures Lounge, and on the way to Gates 11-17.
Some of the key benefits offered to passengers at the airport include:
- Easy access to e-tickets and vaccine status information
- Make mobile contactless payments in and around the airport
- Stay connected to family and friends ahead of flying
- Uninterrupted mobile entertainment in waiting areas
Liverpool Airport passengers score their service with Joos 4.2/5 overall. Lucy O’Shaughnessy, commercial director at Liverpool airport, commented “We have had phone charging stations in the past but what we liked about this were the flexibility and mobility – the passenger doesn’t have to remain stationary with their phone. We also believe, post Covid-19, access to vaccine passports, ‘fit to fly’ certificates and information will be vital in travel starting up again and we’re trying to make the passenger experience as easy as possible.”